This one took me by total surprise.. warning for all parents - your kids are always (i mean ALWAYS) listening to every word you say to whoever, whenever.
Miss Pot and I went to the Verizon store to return a cable settop box. I had told Miss Pot what we were going to do at the store. We went into the store and Miss Pot was curious as usual. She kept asking me all these questions about every object in the store and as I was trying to have a conversation with the guy at the store, I was responding to her questions. Since she has started speaking fluently in English people recognize how much she can talk.
The guy casually asked "How old is she" I knew where this question was headed and I smiled and said she just turned 2. He gasped and said "Wow she can talk really well" I said "yes - she is an early talker and loves to talk." The guy replied that his daughter started talking only at 2 1/2 and I chuckled and said well I tell parents not to feel bad about late talkers. Once they start you cant stop them! We went back to doing business and left the store.
We were in the car and Miss Pot asked me "Amma, andha mama yenna solina?" I said "mama thanks sollina - receipt kudatha. We are all done."
She took a few seconds as though waiting for me to say something else and when she didn't hear anything from me she said "Andha uncle Miss Pot rhomba pesara sollina amma kita?" WHAT ??? I quickly responded saying "Oh ya - ni only 2 years illaya kannama and ni rhomba nanna pesara so uncle apadi sollina" Poor thing not sure what she thought through that conversation I had. Well note to self - next time anyone says a word about her talking I will only respond with a smile! You talk away kanamma. WE LOVE IT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment