Thursday, November 20, 2008

Expanding her repetoire

Miss Pot was watching me on a cleaning spree - as some would say I am in the nesting phase! Then Paati joined me on my major pantry overhaul challenge to see what needs to be restocked etc. She kept walking by us and commented "vellai vellai vellayo vellai". She wanted to help and we were finding little things for her to get involved but she was feeling left out. Paati suggested I make some out of the box mac and cheese as and add on to the existing left overs for lunch. MissPot heard it and immediately jumped up and ran to her tower saying she was going to help me. So I had her count the cups of water we needed to get to a boil. I then got out a mixing bowl and dumped the cheese with milk and she stirred away to glory.. she was soooooooo happy. She told thatha and later Rashmi aunty and Annika on how she made pasta today.

PS: When she woke up from her afternoon nap she inspected the Butler's pantry and the pantry and said "oh nice - inga kuppalam pochu - cleana irruku" Well thanks! Miss Pot.

Later this evening, we went to Paati/thatha's house for dinner after our playdate. Paati was teaching music so I started making aloo parathas and thatha was taking care of cooking them. Miss Pot loves music class but after a while she saw me and decide she wanted to make chapathis. I gave her a small ball of dough. She carefully rolled it and flattened it in her hands and thatha was all excited to cook it for her. Once he was done he showed her the final product and she proudly took a bite and saved the rest to show Appa!

So she can make idli, pasta, and chapatthi.. I say she is set for life!

No comments: