Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yennaku Loud pattu pidikala....

We went for a birthday party this afternoon at a Skating place. MissPot was all dressed and ready to go watch her friends skate. She had made it very clear to us that she did not want to skate and we agreed we were only going to watch.

We reach there and the minute the lady stamped her hand and we took her into the arena she started crying. She first claimed stomach ache. She had mentioned it once in the car so I got a little concerned. We went potty at her request and came back and she was still very uneasy and cranky. I was going to give her 5 minutes and if not leave. Slowly I noticed she was distracted by the peopl she knew and was having a good time but everytime the music started (some loud funky songs) she curled up to me and got cranky again and said she wants to go home. At one point I asked her quietly if her tummy hurt and she said no. I asked her if there is something she didn't like. She looked at me and said yennaku loud pattu vandam! SO that was it. I knew she was not crazy about the place but I expected her to warm up. But she wouldn't have it. She chose to be unhappy the whole time and so we promptly left. The second we stepped out she had a big smile and was asking what was in other's cars in the parking lot. She was grinning her way home. She came home and was running around. Stomach ache? I think not. When Paati/thatha walked in she said "Na Adam birthday party ponne.. na azdhi pannine.. yennaku loud pattu pidikila."

Can she please say this while she is 16 as well!??? :) the "yennaku loud paatu pidikila" part.

1 comment:

Raji P. said...

aww poor baby. K2 also were scared to death of any of these playzone places with loud noises. Would cling to me and never do anything. Major overstimulation of the senses. Onee now are they used to it.