This morning I had to make idlis for lunch. Miss Pot was not in a mood to play by herself so I figured I would try to get her involved. I asked her if she wanted to help and she was so very excited. She helped me oil the trays and did a fantastic job of it using 2 of her tiny little fingers. I gave her the mini idli plate and in a bowl I poured some batter and dipped a spoon. I showed her to pour it in the middle of each circle. Guess what - Miss Pot filled the whole plate all by herself. She tasted the batter in between and said - "amma - maavu nanna illa" :) So I assured her that the idlis would taste much better. When the cooked idlis came out I showed her the plate she had set up. She was soooo excited and she tasted one idli and said "Amma - maavu nanna illa - idli nanna irruku" with her signature head, body, bum shake.. oh please don't ever outgrow that! :)
I also need to add to her chef skills, her skill to crack egg. Last weekend I taught her the three time crack traick and she looks forward to cracking eggs for the omellette. This is soooooooooo much fun. Who cares if she doesn't get her colors right or skips most of the alphabets in the alphabet song.. she is turning out to be quite a chef like me! HA HA HA :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment