Thursday, September 10, 2009

You're Fired!

N & I were planning on making a pie together after dinner tonight. On her brand spanking new kitchen!

After dinner was completed, I joined her in front of her kitchen and tried to make myself useful.

Asked her what kind of pie it was - Apple Pie apparently. So I picked up the juicy looking faux apple she has and pretended chopped it up - much to her chagrin.

'Appa, Dont cut up apples! I have already put apples in the pie'

OK. Maybe I can do something else. So I ask her... "what should I do?"

"Just mix it up, appa"

So I get a fork and help her mix up the filling in her big bowl.

"But appa, Not in my bowl!" (starting to get a little exasperated with me)

"Appa, I dont want to do it with you!" followed by a quick
"Amma, I want to make the pie with you!"

Oops!!! Looks like Miss Pot just fired her old man in the kitchen and replaced him already!
This top chef does not suffer incompetent sous chefs in her kitchen !!


As for me, I'm looking forward to being just a taster in this gourmet kitchen !

2 comments:

Sudharsana said...

She's got taste Vinu ;-) She knows her amma makes the yummiest food in the kitchen, so she is not taking any chances !

Cant wait to see pictures of her in spanking new kitchen

Anonymous said...

Oops, you got Chopped! :)