Friday, September 11, 2009

MY turn

On our way back from our friend's place we were all trying to drive home the point with MissPot that she should not play with her food. I reminded her that we don't waste anything and these are special things and as I was giving her my spiel - we suddenly heard a "Stop amma, it is my turn to talk now - but remember when in Austin- ----" The van went silent from all the grown ups. We have never heard her say this before. So I took a chance to listen to her and gave her a reply and continued to say something else. She again said "Amma - but now it is my turn to talk please"

Well - needless to say - she has an opinion she will let it be known!

V & I were a bit stunned with her new approach - I guess this is what we are paying school for.. teaching her to be heard! :)

2 comments:

Sudharsana said...

Glad to see my little girl, being so articulate. Words can take them places !!! Super proud of her

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed!