Miss Pot has been in the "idhu yenna"? phase (What is this?) for everything - everybody.
This week however she started completing her sentences of doing something with "yennaa" - (because). It does not follow with an actual reason but stops right there. So I have been wondering when she will make that connection.
It happened today. Appa fixed her white rocking chair over the weekend and she was enjoying rocking in it. She was talking to herself as I stood by her side ironing clothes. She said how "appa fixed my chair' "appa azhaga ball fix panirka" - admiring the details of the chair. She then stood on it and tried to rock and lost balance. I held her and she slumped back in and I told her to be careful. She then got down and got back on her chair and said "Rocking chairla medhuva yeranam yennaa N-- iku illana oova varum" and she pulled herself up and settled herself very comfortably in the rocking chair - there it happened. She put her first full reasoning sentence together all by herself.
:( - r we starting a why phase?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment