I do wonder at times if we as parents overdo activities with kids in the name of exposing them to different things. This past weekend we went to the mall which houses a Rainforest Cafe. I sprint to a couple of stores since we are running short on time. Appa and MissPot are hanging around the entrance of the Rainforest cafe watching all the animated animals while the crocodile sneaks up from under her and raises its head and snarls at her goes right back. The child is FRIGHTENED like crazy.
She came home repeating "crocodile vandam". I calmed her down and assured her that the crocodile in the mall is just a toy but none the less we will not go back to the crocodile.
The very same afternoon we took her to the Circus 5 minutes too late and entered a HUGE auditorium in pitch dark. The poor child hated it. I was going to give her 5 minutes if not march out but once she saw the animals performing she seemed to calm down. Anyway towards the end she got restless again so I left with her 15 minutes before the show ended and we happily hung out in the atrium.
Miss Pot in the last 4 days hkeeps brining up that she went to the circus and "aydhi panina". Sorry circus. I assure her it is ok to cry if you don't like something and tried to tell her how she cried only for a few minutes but had fun for the rest.
Hmm.. wonder what the little one is going through as she repeats to me that she cried at the circus. I know she had already been frightened that morning. Part of me wishes we didn't even take her for the show because it almost sounds like she is disappointed at crying at the circus. Poor Baby - no need such pressure in life yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment