Monday, August 18, 2008

How to get a baby!

Miss Pot accompanied me on one of my recent ultrasound trips. She kept saying there was an "elli" (rat) in my stomach because it would rumble at night. So when the doctor rubbed the gel on my tummy and on the screen pops a baby Miss Pot was baffled. She asked me "idhu elli illa?" I told her no it was a baby.

She again made it to a doctor's visit with me and V. The doctor again rubs a gel on my tummy to listen to the baby's heart beat using the doppler and tells Miss Pot - do you hear the baby?

Yesterday after jo kulchi V was applying cream on Miss Pot. She tells him "appa - thopai la cream venum - apadhan yenakum baby varum" (Put some cream on my tummy and make it soft so I can get a baby in my tummy too).

I guess she is giving this a whole lot more thought than I expected.

No comments: