Monday, October 27, 2008

Good taste!

We had received this gift for Miss Pot in India from a relative that V and I were not really crazy about. It is a silvery looking oval base with a light purple dolphin standing on it and around the dolphin is a dark purple ring ( all made of plastic - looks rather jazzy). The idea is if you turn it on it will light up the dolphin and make it sing and play music. Sounds cool???

Till you actually turn it on. It has this funky color light and the song it plays is a LOUD Cher type song with hip-hop beats. When I say LOUD it might be an understatement and mind you there is no Volume adjustment knob. Miss Pot and V were playing in another room while I was getting her room set up. I saw this in a corner in the closet and pulled it out and turned it on just to see what happens. Immediately I heard Miss Pot in the room "Adhu yenna satham?" I turned it off and she came running in. She saw it and said "ah Dolphin with a smile!" (oh no???) "Turn it on Amma"

She sat down eagerly and I nervously turned it on and warned her it will be loud (She is a little scared of loud nices and scary faces and stuff like that). So I turn it on - V & I wait for a few seconds anticipating her reaction and then in her true style "Amma - turn it off - porum" She stood up and started to walk away "I don't like it -yennaku vandam" Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa she does have good taste - *phew*

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

yeah uh huh, wait until she loudly proclaims her taste for dance/music to the whole world in a packed auditorium! (I apparently did that when I was her age, embarrassing the heck out of my parents, but then people came up to them later and said I was the only one in the audience who knew good dance from bad and was brave enough to say it!)

Lakshmi said...

heee heee hilarious - she almost did that at Sanjay's concert and thankfully only a few of us at the back heard it! Not sure how about she is taking after you too..