I have been wondering about how on earth am I going to get Miss Pot to sleep while baby2 arrives without her hating the baby for taking me away from her. SHould I try the Cry it out method or let her just deal with it when it happens????? ?
It finally dawned on me that instead of the rude ol' methods how about I try something that I know may work with her knowing who she is. So Day 1 today afternoon I took a book with me to bed and told Miss Pot to sleep next to me on the pillow and sleep as I read a book. She looked all puzzled and finally after 30 minutes of going back and forth about the book, on where she should sleep etc. she finally fell asleep next to me on the pillow (For those wondering she qA used to sleeping on me and that changed to my hand once my belly started to grow. But now that I am going to need my hands to hold the baby for feeding or diaper or whatever hence this need for drastic change in sleep pattern). My goal is to try to get her to fall asleep as long as we are around her or close to her and not only while she sleeps on us. Anyway she woke up in the middle of her nap asking for my "important book" that I was reading. I was so happy that she had fallen asleep so well but when she woke up saying that I felt so bad. Was she feeling replaced by a book???? Well anyway she went back to sleep with ease and woke up a very happy camper and chirpy. Of course I praised her for a job well done and told her dad about it in full glory this evening.
At night I finally tried it again.. I was scared because this is a big deal! She has been a trooper though - it took her 45 mins rubbing her eyes and tossing and turning but she did it. She slept without my hand just next to me.
IT feels good to know that she is starting to have the confidence in herself and in me to be able to sleep but I soooo miss snuggling upto her. I know we will still have a lot of snuggling in the middle of the night but yet I can't rub off the feeling of how quickly she is growing (while some of it is exactly what I want!) :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment