Thursday, August 20, 2009

a new story teller..

I was telling my nightly story to MissPot. These days the stories have to be about MissPot and J - per her request. Tonight's story was about their lemonade stand. It started off with MissPot playing in the backyard at the sand table and J sitting in the breakfast area playing with his toys and watching her. ( a typical scene in our house these days). Well at some point in the story they both go out and man the lemonade stand - blah blah story goes on. MissPot listens to the whole story intently and is happy. As soon as I finish the story - this is the conversation (from a sleeeeeeeeeeepy 3 yr old at 9:45 pm)

MissPot- Amma - J is walking to the lemonade stand right

Me - (I have no ide where she is going with this - ok!) well yes kanamma - he can walk by then!

MissPot - oh ok! then why is he sitting and playing with his toys?

Me - hu?

MissPot - No - he sits and plays with his toys now. But if he is walking he also can be playing with me in the backyard at the sand table with a shovel. Can you get him a blue shovel amma?

Me - "yes you are right - next time he will be playing with you at the sand table"


YYYYYYYYYYYYY!

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

Y Y
huh?! Maybe I am too sleepy to understand what just happened!

Anonymous said...

"Blue" shovel no less :).