MissPot has a tendency of spewing off things she has learnt from others throughout the day randomly at me. Thanks to her mornings at school our afternoons are a interesting mix of tit-bits of people she met or things she learnt. The funniest are when she is waking up from her nap.
Today as she called out "ammaa ---" in her sleepy voice waking up from her nap I went up and we cuddled up. Then she says "amma - I learnt about living thing and non-living today" I said "oh ya - wow that is nice - what is living and non-living?" she looked at me sleepily and pointed to me and said "living" and pointed to the pillow and said "non-living". OK - one new concept down.
She is also starting to show a very eager sign to read. She voluntarily points out to alphabets and sounds out the phonics for that alphabet while we are reading. Again I think her quality time with Atusha has come into play. I think she is very fascinated with his reading skill. SO it is rather cute as she picks up stuff around the house and pretends to read the label. She will say the word and randomly call out alphabets and say that makes the word! :) I hope this phase stays around for a little longer before she is reading for real - it is just too cute to watch her just pull out alphabets from thin air very seriously and pretend like she is reading a label
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Choooo Chweeeet ! Am sure she is going to be reading in no time. It is so much fun to see them read their first book for real too !! Cant wait to hear about that ;-)
Post a Comment