Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New class

MissPot seems to like her new class and teachers. She was very attached to Miss BJ so I am glad to see she transitioned well. We did go spend some time on Thursday last week with her new teachers one on one in the new room so I think that helped.

She is now in the 3-6 class - like she says - I am in a 'big baby' class. Yesterday was her first day and the rest of the afternoon she kept saying how she was not a small baby. I picked her favorite book and she says "Amma - Ineed to read a big book because I am big now - that is for small babies". She picked up Cinderella ( oh no - please! no - I did not buy it - it is a gift!). So I grudgingly picked it up and started reading - and by the end of page 1 she lost interest in it. She shut the book and promptly lay on my lap and in her usual baby self said "amma kadha solen" (amma - tell me a story). Not sure when she will lose this habit but V and I will definitely miss this. "Appa/Amma - kadha solen" is her standard line the minute we say bedtime or if a car ride takes longer than backing up from our drive way! So I happily told her a story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I'm glad she likes her new class.