Monday, August 31, 2009

just won't give up

We were at Paati Thatha's house this evening sitting around when MissPot was doing her usual pen and paper work! She LOVES (cannot emphasize it enough) to scribble with a pen on a piece of paper. It was rather late and she was getting super loopy and decided she would scribble on R mama instead. R Mama realized it was her bed time so quickly snuck it out of her hands and hid it.

She looked around and couldn't find it and here is the conversation

MissPot - "Mama - where is my pen"
R Mama - "I can't tell you - your pen is thaachi jojo (sleeping)
MissPot - "No - but how can a pen sleep"
R Mama - It lay flat, rolled over and went jojo and if I tell you were it is you will go wake it up - right?
MissPot - A big nod YES
MissPot - "Ok - mama where is my pen sleeping?"
R Mama - "I can't tell you"
MissPot - "Mama - where will I go and wake up my pen?
R mama - "MissPot - I can't tell you where it is"

A few minutes go by with change in topic and suddenly MissPot asks R Mama
"Mama - where is the pen's bedroom?" - She just wouldn't give up!

Of course R mama didn't either

Anyway - for a reminder of her scribbling endavors - she got hooked on this a year ago. I used to jokingly say that if I had to run to the hospital in a hurry for J's delivery I would have to do is leave her with a pen and paper at anybody's house and she would be fine. She always scribbles these tiny things all over the paper but will occasionally write an alphabet. First it was "Q". Among all her scribbles I would find Qs here and there. Then it was "A". Now it is M.

Publish Post

2 comments:

Sudharsana said...

sariyana jodi... mama and maruma :)

Anonymous said...

Where is the pen's bedroom? Lol that's tenacity and smarts!