The movie buff in me is jumping for joy! .. oh, the possibilities are endless... but back to the moment.
So today's plan was to go to the movie and sit near an exit so that we could quickly slip out incase either child decides to get vocal.. but that was not to be. The nearest exit was right near the screen and we could not sit there, for fear of permanently damaging all our eardrums.
So we went up all the way to the top of the room and had to split up. I got J with a blankie and a bottle for him. L & amma sat with N on the other end of the row.
I was wondering... Would I need to cry uncle halfway through the movie?
I suspected otherwise (based on our observations of J craning his neck to watch the littlest bit of TV at home)
Happily, my expectation turned out right. He loved it. He was mesmerized by the screen and saw almost two thirds of the movie. He drank from his bottle and took a 30 minute nap on me as well.
I am known to take short naps during carnatic concerts myself. I guess my son shares the trait ;)
So we shared a nap today... for about 5 minutes, we were both out !!
Anyways, we were both up bright eyed and bushy tailed at the climax - a rip-roaring rendition of Vande mataram with TMK & Bombay Jayashri.
BTW, J & I sat next to some other friends and they were pretty blown away by how quiet and co-operative young man was through the 110 minute feature.
They probably didnt hear his 10 minute long analysis of the movie shortly before the climax. (his mom heard it from across the theater!!! but her ear is of course trained to detect him even from among the sounds of NYC subway stations :) )
L & I shared a great laugh about his verbose analysis of the movie :)
All in all - a great afternoon and a superb day :)
1 comment:
Excellent. Congratulations on a successful outing. We didn't go to the movies for years.
Post a Comment