I took MissPot for her very first class (a gym class) ever. I knew she would be hesitant to leave my side so I had prepped her the last few days. Since she never walks at home and is always jumping or running I figured she would take to a gym class quite willingly.
Well... what happened? We reached the gym and were watching a few kids tumbling while I realized her 'Rattlers' class had begun. So I walked her over to that spot with J on one hand. I held her ticket out and one girl came to take MissPot. She hesitated and complained for 2 seconds.. I told her to just go watch closer and have fun and we can leave right away if she doesn't like it.
Well .. what does she do. She leaves my side and walks in with Macy (the girl in the green shirt) and runs straight to the bar and you can see what happened next. She completely forgot I was even there.. she looked for me maybe 3-4 times in the 30 mins. She has such a blast and I couldn't stop smiling watching her explore and have such a good time. I am so looking forward to introducing her to new things.. gosh .. almost feels like I am the one holding her back!
I know in a lot of ways I am holding her back just from the fear of watching her grow up too soon.. but after seeing her today I realized she is going to grow so I might as well be part of it and enjoy watching her do so rather than pretend like it is not happening and hold her tight and not have any fun! :)
So - watch out world - we are coming exploring and looking forward to many a 'firsts'...
2 comments:
Alright !! We are looking forward to see the many other firsts. Glad to see that now you are thinking like me ;-) They are going to grow up.... so lets have fun and see them grow up.
Awesome. Future gold medalist!
Post a Comment