She and I walked down the pavement from our home to the mailbox. She, in her inimitable style, prancing 2 steps at a time, and me ambling along, behind her.
When we got there, we spied four neighborhood kids playing at the end of the cul-de-sac and so we decided to investigate - only this time, she ran and I chased her. We got there to see four boys playing soccer. She watched them for a few minutes and then we ran back home. She wanted to run on the street, but I insisted that we do it on the pavement and within a minute of that, she tripped as she ran and fell on her face.
Literally.
She lost some skin on her nose.
When we got home, after she finished sobbing and complaining about her pain to L, she explained what happened.
She said, "I fell and got pinched on the instrument"
L & I looked at each other for a second and to L's quizzical look, I clarified "pavement".
And that was enough for young lady to pick up the mistake she made. She immediately repeated her previous statement, this time with the correct word.
-----------
This was one of our most bittersweet moments, IMO. She fell, cried, regained her composure and articulated her accident with some new phrases. It was so cute to watch her try out a new phrase, and make such an child-like mistake.
It was particularly surprising to me how quickly she adjusted and fixed her mistake and moved on.
She is growing fast! Hope we don't blink...
2 comments:
Big hug to Miss Pot - That must have really hurt, my poor baby !!
Poor thing. I hope she feels better soon.
Post a Comment