Saturday, May 2, 2009

I am so(to the power of infinity) glad too

I had to go drop of the Ascend banners with Ramesh yesterday at lunch. So i took the kids in the car hoping they would fall asleep on the way back (yes! this time it worked). 

Anyway MissPot as usual  thoroughly interrogated me on our way the purpose of the trip etc.. 
After handing off the banners and a casual chat we set out in our van back home. Here is the conversation that followed:

MissPot - Amma, Ramesh uncle yenga pora?
amma - Ramesh Uncle office pora
MissPot - My dad goes office too..
Amma - yes kannama, your appa and a lot of grown ups go to office. Onaky theriyumo? Ammavum office ponne - aproma amma vandhu yennaku Niyathi oda veedula irrukanam ni stop panniten. 
MissPot - yenna stop pannina
Amma - Office pordhu - do you remember? Nannum office pota?
MissPot (after a silent pause) - Yes
Amma - amma wants to be with you kanamma so amma na office varamaten soliten - ni school pona aproma na office poren seriya?
MissPot - I am soooooooo happy you are home with me amma (hugging her giffy in hand and a big smile on her face)

oh - that just made my day... 


just - some thinking out loud here.. 
Off late my dearest buddy has been going through the turmoil of to quit a career and sty home with her 8 mo old or to keep a career and miss out the best moments of life. While  the decision for me to quit and stay home seemed a no brainer I do completely understand the dilemna for some. She and I always talk since we think so much alike and in some ways she wanted me to tell her to quit.. obviously not my place to do so. (Although I did gently knudge her that way ;-) ) Anyway I have had my days of wondering if I really needed to quit to enjoy this and the answer haas always been yes for me.. so MissPot's affirmation just made it that much more worthwhile. I know she will not remember these days and if I go back to work she will remember me more as a working mom but I know I have enjoyed watching her be her own person and for that alone I am thankful to be home with her today! :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really nice to be appreciated to the things we do. But for the children to appreciate it is even more reward. I'm very happy for you.

Sudharsana said...

Miss Pot and wont remember these days ? You are kidding me right ? She will remember all the precious moments you have spent with her. You will be amazed how they do remember some things from when they were as little 2 or 3 yrs old. Atleast Atusha does.... its always so gratifying to listen to him.... I know I did the right thing staying home with him too !!! So enjoy more of these days, before you become a busy working mom ;-)