Wednesday, December 17, 2008

These are the moments..

This last couple of weeks have been a bit of a battle with MissPot. Well, she is growing up and asserting her individuality and independence but still is a baby and so she is challenged everyday on what to do and which way to go. We were impatient with her the first few days but now have realized we need to be patient with her and let her lead the way and find better ways to address difficult situations.. 

Since the revelation we have had nice relaxing days again .. and today was really fun - just those moments made for a parent and child

1) At lunch, I mixed one big bowl of thachi oats for the two of us to share. She ofcourse wanted to eat by herself and did not want my spoon in there. So I pulled it off and told her to eat first. Then she asked me what I was going to do with my spoon and I told her I was waiting for my turn to eat thachi oats with it. She smiled and said "Amma - I will cut slices and you can eat your slice and I will eat mine". So I said ok. She cut the oats drawing a line across in the bowl and pointed to my slice and I got to scoop it up and eat as she scooped hers on her spoon to eat. So we ate our thachi oats slices together :) It was sooooooooo much fun and she was feeling so happy to be the one cutting the slices and telling me to eat. :) 

2) During our afternoon milk time, I was hungry  and so I pulled out to cookies. I dunked mine in milk and started nibbling at it. I asked her if she wanted to do the same and she was so thrilled. So she ate 2 cookies dunking in her milk just like amma. We had a great time. 

No comments: