Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Appa - innum gajendra kadhai sollu

Miss Pot absolutely LOVES to hear stories. She could hear them from the minute she wakes up to the very last second her eyes and mind are still awake. (No exaggeration! including time on the Potty - or esp. on the potty!)

It was always either "Amma kadhai sollu or Appa Kadhai sollu". Now that thatha/paati have arrived she looks forward to going to visit them so she can get them to tell her a story.

Yesterday I buckled her for a "bar cye" to the Indian store with a detour to thatha/paati's . I told her she could hang out with them and listen to stories while I went shopping. We reached their place and they were not there. The second I said "Uh oh paati/thatha illa" she was soooooo mad at me. She kept sobbing where are they? why did they go out??? poor thing it was hilarious. Thatha/Paati heard her in the back screaming and rushed back to tell her stories.

V Appa has been working long days and nights this past couple of weeks. Tonight - I got her ready for bed, read her 2 books and then told her 2 stories. Before the 3rd stoy "the gajendra kadhai", I told her it was the final story for the day and she had to go to bed right after. She said "ok amma" with that sweet little voice of hers. We got in bed and almost dozed off when she heard the door chime "beep beep beep" - Appa vandhachu? I said yes - let's go say good night and go to sleep. So V came up to give her a nice big hug and kiss for the night. She gave him a short account of her day and then lay right on top of him with her eyes half open.. "appa ippu ni innum gajendra kadhai sollu" with a big smile on her face! :)

She wakes up first thing in the morning asking appa for a kadhai, she wakes up in the middle of the night asking either one of us for a kadhai. She demands Paati to come sit down so she can tell her a kadhai. She LOVES Kadhais.. ...

No comments: