Monday, March 22, 2010

It's the same tune

Before I forget have to blog this - a couple of months ago MissPot and I were singing some rhymes for J. After a couple of songs we were ready for the afternoon nap. MissPot laying in bed suddenly sat up and said 'Hey amma - do you know  Baa Baa Black Sheep, ABCD and Twinkle Twinkle have the same tune. So we can make one song by mixing them all up - that will be a funny song."

I was surprised she had realized that and came up with the idea of mixing up the lines. So I told her "Guess what so is Humpty Dumpty - now we have 4 rhymes for 4 lines" I sang a mixed version of each line from each rhyme and she got a real kick out of it. One of our favorite rhymes to sing now .... mix it up and have fun!

1 comment:

Raji P. said...

My niece is a genius. It took me about 35 years to realize they all had the same crazy tune. I am still scratching my head over Humpty Dumpty though - huh, same tune??