Saturday, March 6, 2010

First open house

MissPot's school had their Open House on thursday when parents can come and spend time with their child in the room and have them show you whatever works they choose and stuff. So you get to see on a first hand basis the works they do while at school..

MissPot listed the things she was going to show me and has been working very hard preparing for the open house. They worked on the water cycle, weather stuff etc. She has been excited about showing me all this for a good month now and I have been even more excited to see the ball and tweezer work, the broad stairs, the planisphere work, spoon work. She has described most of her work well enough for me to know what it is but I was just so excited to see her do it as she was to show off doing it.

We had a wonderful evening seeing her work and her introducing me to her friends. She was a whole different person with the sweet voice tone, soft mannerisms and the sweetest smile on her face all evening. Her teachers commented on how well she was doing and all I could tell them back is I see a super happy child each day I pick her up and for that I have to thank them.

Just being in that room made me want to be a child once again - to play and learn in that garden with things that are perfectly set up to make a child know that they can learn and do things and feel confident. The class was full of children with big smiles and beaming faces as they showed their parents their work.

I really look forward to more of these evenings.

1 comment:

Sudharsana said...

Good Job Miss Pot ! A Bobo Hug for you too from Periamma :)