One funny instance of a tantrum -We ordered in Thai when all of the family was visiting. at the table were Adimoo, Kit, Kat, Rmami and MissPot. All the kids took a bite of the Pad Thai and screamed fire. Miss Pot took a couple of noodles and was chewing on it. She ssssssssssss'ed and continued to take another noodle and I tasted a piece as well. Given the spice well I scooped it up. She screamed I want the noodle NOW. So I put it back in her plate in a hurry. Needless to say she did not finish it. After a couple more scoops she was ready for thachi oats! :)
Everything is "I want it NOW" - with a flood of tears. If that does not work it immediately goes onto "I want amma" and if I still don't give into her demand "I want thambi papa". She just cries out hoping I will let her get what she wants.
Today we were sitting on the bed after her nap - she had given me hell to take her nap with this plastic toy egg that I had bought her this morning. She looked at me and said "Amma - why are you mad at me??" I felt sooooooooooo bad. No I am not mad at you - I love you kanamma" I feel so bad .. I have to calm down even more - I am down to fighting her only once a day in the last couple of days which is better than where we were at.
Tis tough being a mom to a new baby and letting your first baby that she is still your baby but you just have so many expectations out of her.. :(
2 comments:
You missed the climax of the pad thai story. You scooped some off her plate and gave it to V. She demanded more. So you gave her a noodle from the serving bowl. She was not happy, stood up, furious, and scolded, "not that, I want THAAAT" and pointed to V's plate!
oh that is true.. another thing about her - very very specific about what she wants. These days it is that very piece of bread that I just put in my mouth! :)
Post a Comment