Thursday, March 19, 2009

6 weekaversary

Yes - LionCub is 6 weeks today. He woke up only a million times last night (growth spurt and all) and to keep up MissPot woke up a million and a half times!

I took a quick nap this morning with MIssPot when V held fort with LionCub

I woke up all refreshed and ready for the day. MissPot was off to a great start - milk glugged in less than 5 minutes (let there be snow today). We start to make idlis as our breakfast eggs boil on the start - and that was the beginning of the fiasco.

MissPot wanted to help as usual with the idlis and so we oil the plates and I turn around for the batter. Now mind you we have been doing this for over 6 months now but today when I turn around MissPot has a vishnu chakram around her pointer finger - how cute??? NOT! She had it stuck - I hear a non-whining voice - Amma can you help me. Sure MissPot what happened? OH Great.. I try to gently roll it out but no luck. I then put some lotion around her finger and after a couple of tugs it was out.. phew. However the indian pathram left it's mark with the sharp edges. Yes she was bleeding... and now she was panicking. I had to stay calm and get the bleeding to stop which took a while on one spot. While I was trying to do that LionCub wakes up with a roar for milk. So here I am nursing him, holding ice on MissPot's finger and she screams to want to watch In the Jungle on Youtube. Now I don't need her screaming in his ears and so I work the laptop with the few available fingers and we finally had everyone calm.

R mami walks in - all was calm - so she takes off with K2 to the park

LionCub was back napping and Misspot was playing after 30 minutes. Then again the bandage is bothering MissPot so she begs me to take it out. So I take it out and she is now mad that I took it out. Ok - clean up again and get another bandage and LionCub is up screaming to be burped again. LionCub is on my should and MissPot is on my lap and both are howling and so I get both calm finally again.

R mami walks in - all is calm again now. Murphy's law - all hell breaks loose when you are alone and don't have enough hands or fingers left! ;-)

SO after the fiasco morning I get in bed with MissPot for an early nap and so I can take a snooze and guess who wakes up wide-eyed bushy tailed! LionCub.. Well happy 6 weekaversary li'l buddy!

3 comments:

Raji P. said...

LOL! what a morning for you! do u want to find a diff nickname for him for your blog tho? after all, Teto was the original lion cub - so baby J may deserve a nick of his own no?

Sudharsana said...

Amazed at how you are able to manage a 2 1/2 yr old and a newborn. Hats off ! ;-) good job.

Era said...

Congratulations, you are now an expert at baby juggling :).