Thursday, March 19, 2009

Recycling hotline???

Ok - should we set up a recycling gifts hotline for desis -

A friend visited to see the new baby and got a couple of recycle gifts (which is all ok by me - since I am all about recycling as long as it is new and does not scream YUK!). So over the course of visitors to see this new baby I have seen some major DUHs and I think it is time to set up a hotline so desis can call and check before they take a recycle gift.

Rules of recylcing
- should be new
- shouldn't be something you wouldn't want to be caught dead with
- don't give a stuffed animal that has a year engraved on it (especially not the current year i.e. 2006 in 2009)
- don't give clothes that have been sitting in your closet forever and stink of your perfume.. make an effort to keep a separate recycle stash so it still says new!
- don't give a gift that has a tag of the set of things that come with but you have only part of the set.. or at least take the tag of..

R& S missing anything else??? what do you think?

3 comments:

Raji P. said...

Y Y
No solution except to remember who gave what so you don't recycle it right back to them!

Sudharsana said...

Another kicker is : recycling the gift bag with the tag of from whom they got the gift ! lol

I say just start a Salvation Army pile and give away all these things... if they are so horrendous you sure dont want to be caught giving it ;-)

Era said...

I've actually had to convince someone that buying a gift from a garage sale was unacceptable (it wasn't unopened).