Sunday, March 8, 2009

biggest parenting fear

is to crush MissPot's creativity and imagination with my grown up set ways of life. I have become very concious about not pre-empting her or giving MissPot directions for everything. It is so much fun to ask open ended questions and watch her respond. Give her a blank piece of paper and pen and watch her create something and tell you what it is. 

Today she drew a spider on her magnadoodle and told me and not to gloat it doesn't need much convincing. She takes a pen refill and works on the screws on the back of her cell phone and pretends it is a screwdriver and she is fixing it like 'appa'. She holds a cellphone upright and pretends it is ice cream and gives everybody a bite. (always vanilla flavor). She makes kanji or omelette with her marbles and pathrams.. usually has onions and cucumber! :) 

I know this is normal for an almost 2 1/2 yr old but if I can do anything to keep it around for a while I am going to try! 

1 comment:

Sudharsana said...

Neither parents nor school crush creativity of the child.... thats called growing up. They naturally grow and learn so many other things that they do not do the same things that they did at 2 when they are 4. And trust me you dont want your 4 or 5 yr old doing things like a 2 yr old, that would be a whole different set of problems ! I think you should not worry so much on this school issue. She will have fun and learn and grow. Just make sure you pick the best one in town that you are convinced is good for her and let her go !!! You are being a classic first time MOM :)