Thursday, July 23, 2009

A l'il about myself

Era's blog tag has come at an interesting time as this past week I have found myself pondering periodically on who I am.. juggling roles my whole life has left me plenty confused on my identity these days - hee hee (no 'confused' is not one of my traits normally!) Anyway I can easilysum it up as chocolate - not just because i eat sooooooo much of it these days that I might turn into one soon - but because I am sweet, bitter, intense and fruity and nutty all at once - ha ha ha!

ok so here are 7 things that I know to define me ---

1) I say what I think (in other words - I put my big foot in my big mouth!) Well not exactly but I can't keep my mouth shut - I tend to blurt out what I feel about a situation right away.. it may not matter to the receiving end but I can't bare to leave it unsaid!

2) I love to work hard and help everyone and anyone. I just enjoy helping because it makes me happy and feel like I have accomplished something. In my husband's words - I enjoy reaching a goal and don't focus on the journey as much - so I am working on slowing down and smelling the roses along the way.

3) I have faith – no I am not religious – but I have faith – without my faith and optimism I wouldn’t be able to survive a day. Thanks to my mom who taught me that there is always a silver lining – and dang she is right – have faith that there is always good to come out of every situation and believe me this faith has never let me down!

4) I am opinionated and always right! J well cause when I don’t know I don’t shy down to admit I don’t know or I just don’t say anything! Ha ha ha....In my husband's words I am probably bordering stubborn!

5) I thrive on challenges and deadlines – hence I loved my job and now I love raising my children – they keep the suspense going and challenge me in handling every task better than I did the previous time – they truly are making me a better person (for the most part! - they may be the ones' to get me to throw the towel in one of these days)

6) I love arts – food, music, dance - great way to express myself and lose myself in a fantasy land. Each one of these gives me an outlet to express myself in different ways and gives me a break from the regular chores. Again thanks to my mom and dad for pushing and providing for these arts in my life.

7) I live for today – not sure I have a chance at tomorrow! Life’s too short to worry about the gloomy days or unpleasant happenings. I am not denying the bad things or people in my life but just that I really am finding it harder to stay close to the ones I love and who love me so I don't spend anytime on anything or anyone otherwise.

So - here it is.. Thanks Era.. it was actually nice to think about who I am or like to be.. haven't done this in a while! :)

3 comments:

Janaki said...

Lachu, i did agree with you what you wrote , what you are,i am
proud of you , take care

amma

Anonymous said...

Hey Lakshmi, great list! I'm glad you enjoyed this little exercise. A little introspection is good for the soul :). finally have internet access again! Yeah!!!

MS said...

Hey,

Loved the list :) And you haven't changed a bit in all these years! Only thing I have to disagree on is #4. Do you have strong opinions? Yes. But stubborn? I don't think so. :)