A couple of weeks back, we decided to give Miss Pot a haircut (her first at a salon) and managed to get her into the garage to board the family minivan - enroute to the Hair Salon. Till then, she was gung ho...
And then she realized it and started backtracking and fussing about it...
So we finally get her to the salon and sign in - for a 5 minute wait. In the meanwhile, she wants to buy time and asks to go to the loo. So I take her in and while she takes care of business, she tries to cajole her way back home.
I dont let her talk me into any such thing and manage to get her out of the loo only to be invited onto the chair with L also right next to the lady who was going to trim her locks. Since I had to mind young man in his infant car seat, i stepped away from the threesome, listening to her cries of protest...
But as I sat down and started rocking J's car seat, i suddenly noticed the absolute silence from the general direction of N and L. I looked up only to see her sit absolutely still, not a fuss, not a word, getting her hair cut! This persisted through the next 10 minutes and before we knew it, Miss N had a brand new haircut!
THe secret: a lollipop!!! - This was the first time N tasted a lollipop! and she was hooked!
After the whole thing got over, Miss Pot daintily got off the chair and walked over to me to show off her haircut and when I asked her how she liked her haircut, she says 'Super Duper!'
2 comments:
Aren't we still smarter than the kids !! Or are they so smart that they milk us to get something out of every situation ;-) Hmmm...gotta think about this some more. lol
Love this story. How cute!
Post a Comment