J started the infamous stomach bug last afternoon and by night we were done throwing up and fell asleep. He ran the normal fever expected - checked last night at 100.2. Ok we have dealt with this a few times and am calm enough this time to ride it out.
He woke up tired - no surprise.. not his usual chirpy talking self - again no surprise. With MissPot I never thought of giving fever medication but for some reason today I called the doctor's office and asked them if he would throw up the tyl--ol and she said he might so try to do that or the lipid bath to keep it under control.
He went down for a nap at 100.2. I dropped amma at the doctor's office as he fell asleep in the car and then I brought him to bed. V went and picked her up. I was with J the whole time as he napped. I went down for 2 mins to see what the doctor had said for amma and turned on the monitor. In a couple of mins we heard one yelp and then nothing. V sprinted at top speed upstairs.. I was standing outside and followed asap.. something didn't sound right with that yelp. V came into the room to find J shaking in the bed uncontrollably face down on the bed. He immediately lifted him - his eyes were open and yet there was no response and he soon started losing all color - his face completely drained.. the scariest thing for a parent to see ever. I immediately took him in my arms and we both rubbed his shoulder.. not sure how long this lasted but soon after he came in my arms he calmed down and then for that nano-millionth of a second - I heard nothing and then I heard him breathe again. I have seen my dear nephew with seizures before and yet I had the same stomach churning, gut wrenching, heart stopping minute of my life. I screamed to V to call 911 when I saw him lose color. When he started breathing again I checked his temp and it was 104. We immediately gave him tyle..l and he started to cool off. When the crew showed up we were a lot more composed and J was fast asleep in my arms breathing normally. They gave him a clean bill of health and explained what happened which I knew already thanks to the previous experience. Yet I will never be ready for this ever. I hope no parent has to see a child's face like that ...
I know I shouldn't but I can't stop thinking on what could have happened had he not let out that little yelp..Today - I am more than ever thankful to have god's blessings on our side..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh.My.God. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Truly, it is a miracle you heard something strange and ran. God is watching over all of us for sure.
Post a Comment