it is so hard to face the fact that MissPot is off to full-time school. Yes - she is going to be out of the house for a full 6 hours and she is so thrilled. She helped pack her first sleep bag, (Blanket, sheet and pillow check!) and half her lunch box (the grapes, cheese and nuts part - butterfly sandwich to be packed in the morning). She told me "Amma put a white label on my sleep bag and write my name with that permanent marker you don't like me to play with ok?"
After planning her lunch she told me to wake up early tomorrow so that packing lunch does not delay us. .. She has been waiting for this day for 3 months now. She kept telling her teacher Ms Debi and me only for 3 months. The last month Ms Debi started talking to me that she is ready for full day school at every opportunity she got. Then Ms Debi spoke to V thinking I am ignoring her. So finally here we are on the eve of D-day.
I left work because I hated seeing MissPot scared and unhappy as I left even for 4 hours. I stayed back to be there for her and make her strong and confident and independent so she can take flight on her own without worries. She now is doing just that.. she is ready to explore the world more and more. When I tell her that I will miss her she very casually tells me "but amma - I am going to come back home always!".
So here's to my confident little girl's first day at full-time school. I will miss you like you cannot imagine but I am so happy to see you excited and eager for this new beginning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment