After 3 absolutely wonderful weeks of chilling (literally) out with the cousins in the Northeast MissPot has become all the more aware of the HEAT here. We were at the baggage carousel waiting for luggage to arrive. The kids were sitting in the bench close by as I waited to grab the luggage. We got all our things together and MissPot and J rolled their roll on and we walked towards to exit automatic glass doors. And in came a nasty wave of hot air. MissPot stopped and looked at me "Amma - how are we going to walk to the cab in the heat". Everyone around us heard her and were smiling. I said well it is just a short walk - I know it is hot but we have to go. She again said "No - it is too hot - how do you suppose we walk TILL the cab?" So I smiled and asked "What do you propose to do"? She said with a very matter of fact tone "Why don't we take the train to the cab".
(We had just done some travelling by train in Boston so that influenced her I guess). :)
We were driving back home the next day after first day of school. She was thrilled to be back with her favorite teachers in the whole wide world. "Amma - Da**as is too hot - let move out of here I say"
I said "Ok - we just need a new house, new school and new friends." So Misspot, "Ok - let's get a new house but can I come to this school still - I love my school" :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment