Thursday, June 17, 2010

what's going on????

ok - i have been terrible at keeping up with the blog. There is definitely no dearth of things to blog - between misspot and J I just can't keep up anymore... ya ya fine - I was just lazy.

So what's going on??? MissPot is doing her first summer reading club - thank you Half Price Book Store. The weekly $3 incentive has been a huge hit and seeing her making progress in her reading skills is reward in itself. Her first $3 she spent on Charlotte's Web - kids version. Today we earned our second $3 and since she read with such enthusiasm this week we added another $3 to the total and got her this Magic Box kit.
Apart from that she is silly, cute self - making up songs with the randomest words and gibberish and she and J are hitting it off famously giggling and screaming and bringing the roof down.

Now Mr J - he is a riot and a half - he loves to climb and swing off everything including any moving human leg he can find. I kid you not. Come and see for yourself.
Today, literally a switch went on - he spent all day coming and calling me "Amma - thakan dithe dha" and such with his eyes and arms moving around and telling me eveything that happened with him or he was doing. He would take me to the location of the event and explain to me.. the CUTEST thing ever since he still can only speak gibberish. Then it happened - we made vadai malai for Hanuman today. Ravi mama diligently strung all the vadais into this malai and rolled it neatly on a plate. J came into the room to watch the grand finale. He stretched his hand out and said "inna" (his version of tha, give). I said "Illa J, modhala ummachi kapathu pannitu sapadnam" (Let's first pray and then eat) and I walked into the kitchen. Next thing I know he runs to the study and prays in front of the ummachi cabinet and then literally sprints back to the kitchen and tells me "amma - thakan thakan dhit dhi inna" With his hands moving showing me that he did ummachi kappathu and he is ready for his vadai... and when I tried to tell him we had to take it to the temple and so he still won't get it he just felt soooooooooooooooooooooooo mad.. poor baby. I was so floored by him having understood the whole conversation!

No comments: