We were taking the kids to the mall this weekend for a puppet show and a ballet performance in the holiday spirit. I was relaying the plans to Thatha/Paati in the car and I mentioned that Santa will be at the mall too.
MissPot overheard the conversation and asked "Amma - why is Santa at the mall? Is he shopping?"
- ha ha ha - yes he is shopping for toys! :) So we had to go into the details of How Santa was just there to play with children and tell them stories.
We ended up going to different malls on 2 different days over the weekend so MissPot's follow up question
"Amma - will the same Santa from NP mall be at the VR mall?"
hmmm - how do we answer this one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ah! you've got a believer!! keep the magic!
oh no - I don't think she believes it.. since she sees all the blow-ups and different Santas at every mall (including one who was on a drink break! :))!
Too Smart for words. thats what she is. I dont think she is going to buy into this Santa idea for very long... gotta feeling she is already doubting it. :)
Perhaps you could say that Santa has some helpers who dress like him so all the malls can let children who come there meet Santa. I don't have much of an answer. we were never very elaborate with Santa storiesd.
Post a Comment